This morning, I asked God what have I learned in 68 years? It’s something I ponder each year on this day, the day I was born. I wanted 10. He gave me 11. Which one was for you?
1. Words spoken in haste without thought lead to decisions made in haste without intention.
2. Listen to more sounds that have no agenda, the birds singing, babies cooing and that still, small internal voice.
3. Spend time in quiet submitting your agenda to the One who created you.
4. It’s better to do nothing than something to just fill time.
5. Busyness is the thief of living out your true calling.
6. Slow down. Drive the back roads. Get in touch with the real you, not the one you think you ought to be.
7. Only your God really knows you. Take time to sit with Him in silence each day in order to allow Him to become your true compass.
8. Let go of whatever begins to constrain you and grab hold of the things that set you free and fill you with joy, hope and purpose.
9. An overbooked day will always lead to stress. Hold your days loosely for each one you receive is God’s gift to you!
10. God wants success for you even more than you do. Trust that nudge of the Holy Spirit even when what He wants you to do may seem impossible. That’s when you know for sure it’s God leading you!
11. You are capable of much more than you think you are. Take the limits off. Surrender your dreams to God. Watch Him make them happen.