Many are at the point that they feel they just can’t lose weight. On this podcast episode I give seven steps to walk out of the I can’t lifestyle.
- Know that God loves us just as we are. He sees us as beautiful. After all, He created us. Psalm 139:13, 15-16 NLT and 1 Peter 3:3-5 TLB.
- God wants us to honor Him with our bodies. That means not doing anything that harms the body. Overeating is a way we dishonor the body. God calls it gluttony. I’m sorry but that is just the truth. 1 Cor. 6:19-20 NLT and Galatians 5:22-24 NLT.
- God doesn’t condemn us for what we have done to ourselves. Romans 8:1 NLT and Romans 8:1-2 MSG.
- In order to allow God to work in our lives we must confess what we have done, repent and ask Him to give us strength and direction for how to go forward on our journeys. 1 John 1:8-9 NLT and Psalm 51:1 TPT.
- Surrender completely to God in order to be transformed into the person God wants you to be. Surrender is not a one-time event. It is a daily process to stay in tune with what God desires for you. Romans 12:1-2 NIV and Psalm 27:14 TPT.
- Experience breakthrough as you follow God and allow Him to hold you close. Psalm 51:12 TPT and Psalm 130:4-5 TPT.
- Don’t try to do everything on your own. Allow God to give you strength. Proverbs 3:5-7 MSG and Psalm 55:22 TPT.
There’s a lot more on this podcast. If you’re looking up the scriptures, please look them up in the translations mentioned.
Overcomers Link: https://TeresaShieldsParker.com/overcomers/