Straitjacket of Fear
God designed the acute stress response to help us overcome fear. This fight or flight response to happens whether we are actually in danger or we just think we are in danger.
The definition of fear is “an unpleasant emotion caused by being aware of danger.” This definition doesn’t take into account that the evil one loves to make false evidence appear real. These are irrational fears. That’s why God gives us things to help guide us through this and result in us becoming more rational.
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP says, “God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but He has given us a spirit of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline, abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control.”
In this podcast episode we are talking about how to get rid of irrational fears that the enemy loves to perpetuate. These fears can become strongholds that keep us stuck in the straitjacket of fear.
God gives us some tools to combat the enemy’s barrage of fears. Here are steps to get rid of fear;
- Recognize the lies and irrational fears the enemy tells you.
- Call him out on them by replacing the lies with the truth of what God’s Word says about you.
- Ask God to activate the spirit of power, love, sound judgment and personal discipline.
- Begin to accept that you have a calm, well-balanced mind.
- Make daily surrender to God a top priority.
- Understand the value of having Spirit-led self-control.
- Remember to rest in God. It’s in resting in Him that fear loses and love wins.
Overcomers Academy link: https://teresashieldsparker.com/overcomers/
Free Eating Stress Course link: https://teresashieldsparker.com/stress/