I’ve heard it said the hardest thing about beginning is starting. I don’t know about you, but I can spend a lifetime thinking about how to start something and never get it done. There’s always one more angle to think of, one more stone to over turn, one more typo in the book to find before actually launching any endeavor.
This is more than true on the weight loss journey. Which diet is right? How can I lose weight fast so I can go back to eating the way I want? Will that work for me? How much exercise do I have to do? Can I eat sugar? Can I eat flour? What can I eat? It’s these questions that take over our brain and without answers we shut down and do nothing.
Jesus said, “The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy, but I have come that you might have life and more abundant.”1 The “thief” loves it when we wallow in question-land because he knows a truth that he would never share with us. There are no answers. There are only actions to determine the answers.
When I went on my weight loss journey, I had no answers to the multitudes of questions I had. I had plenty of experience with what worked and what didn’t. I knew from my experience that doing nothing only made the matter worse. I also faced head-on the realization that nothing short-term had ever worked to fix my long-term problem. So the first realization was, I’m changing my life. Now, how do I do that?
Since I began this journey in earnest about six years ago, losing a total so far of 260 pounds, writing my memoir, speaking, answering emails and private messages, hearing your stories in prayer lines, coaching many over the last nine months, I realized there are at least seven foundational keys. With these firmly in place, you can establish whatever eating and exercise plan is right for you and you’ll be a success.
It’s not so much about what you eat and how you move, but changing yourself from the inside out.
I wanted everyone to be able to have these keys however, the videos and concepts I’m sharing come right out of Sweet Change Weight Loss Coaching Group, a paid monthly group. I couldn’t very well give them away. So I chose the seven videos that share these concepts, added study guides, action steps and collaborative material and developed a course.
When I put together the course, I did it with my former super morbidly obese self in mind. What would have helped me 20 years ago? I spent thousands of dollars on weight loss plans, diet pills, shakes, programs, exercise equipment. Any of those things would have worked if I had these seven keys down pat.
The seven keys are
- Love Yourself—If we don’t love and take care of ourselves we cannot love others. We need to tell ourselves how God sees us as sanctified, redeemed, beloved.
- Know Your Why—Create a big dream or vision of what we want. It’s the hope that will carry us through this journey.
- Change Your Habits—We can’t eradicate a bad habit, but we can change it. It’s not as hard as you might think.
- Become Whole: Body, Soul and Spirit—Becoming whole means to start allowing our spirit connected with God’s Spirit to lead our lives and stop allowing our body to dictate how we live.
- Embrace Lifestyle Change—In order to move forward we must have a moment or a season of change. A time when we change our mindset about what is really important to us—the foods that are killing us or the abundant life God gives.
- Stop Emotional Eating—We must start to understand and deal with our emotions rather than stuffing them with food, other substances and negative behaviors.
- Never Give Up—Giving up on the journey is not a possibility, but surrendering to what we crave is. We must see that any time we fail, it only teaches us what doesn’t work. We simply get back and continue the journey.
In the course I explain how and why each of these is important and give you steps to implement it in your life. The reflection questions come back to my team to review your progress. It’s a way of checking in with us on your journey.
My heart goes out to you if you are stuck in a body that won’t cooperate with your dreams and visions. Perhaps you’ve already dismissed those dreams as impossible because you feel losing weight is impossible for you. I’m here to tell you, my friend, it is not impossible. If I can do it, you most certainly can.
There was no bigger sugar and bread addict than me. God delivered me and I can’t tell you how awesome my life is today just because I am no longer bound to those substances, the very same ones I thought I’d rather die than give up.
It’s for you I developed Sweet Change 101. Listen to the video message below, then go to the page, read the information and sign up for the course. You will be so glad you did. If you complete it, I know it WILL change your life. I am more than confident of that.
I want you to get this course so badly that I have a $20 off coupon on the page. Here’s the link:https://teresashieldsparker.com/sweet-change-101. Go there now. I can’t wait for you to get this information and begin your losing journey.
1 John 10:10