We want losing weight to be easy and simple. I mean, gaining weight is easy? I don’t know about you, but I have a Ph.D. in how to gain weight. So, let me share my insight, just to make sure you take full advantage of my expertise.
- Eat anything you want.
- Do not think about what you are eating.
- Go with what your gut is telling you to eat.
- If everyone else is eating it, you should too.
- Don’t be concerned about getting nutrition or good fuel for your body.
- Believe it’s more important to eat what makes you feel better in the moment.
- See food as protection and comfort.
- Never move. Sit all day.
- Make sure to park as close to the door as you can so you don’t have to walk.
- Rebel against anything a doctor tells you about how you’re going to die if you don’t lose weight.
- When someone makes a suggestion about how to lose weight, don’t listen.
- Be angry because everyone else seems to be able to eat and not gain weight except you.
- Just tell yourself, one day a magic pill will be invented to fix your crazy cravings.
- Tell yourself to go ahead and eat it. You can lose weight tomorrow.
- Make eating your only source of fun and recreation.
- Believe that God doesn’t care if you gain weight and die early.
- Think that your weight is not really affecting you that much.
- Buy every diet book and try them all. Or better yet, just set them on a shelf in a prominent place so at least people will think you are trying to do something about your weight.
- Call yourself a failure and believe you can never lose weight. Accept your fate.
- Tell yourself. “It’s impossible to lose weight during the holidays.”
- Don’t ask God how you can become healthy and if you do, don’t listen to what He says
Weight Loss Is Difficult
Here’s the reality. Losing weight is hard, but as my Papaw used to say, “Nothing good ever comes easy.” And my mentor echoes it with this. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.”
The truth is the majority of Americans are in the categories of being overweight, obese or super morbidly obese. There are more overweight than normal or underweight. You may ask why? I believe it is processed foods, laced with the thing that is as addictive as heroin—sugar. Are you tempted right now to stop reading this post? Ask yourself why. Why are you not willing to face the truth?
Sugar is harmful, not just to those who gain weight, but to every person. A recent study conducted over 15 years showed normal weight people who eat an overabundance of sugar have a much higher probably of dying by heart disease.
And yet we continue to serve sugary treats at most every event. Why? The excuse seems to be everyone likes them and they are easy to make or purchase. I mean, what’s cheaper and easier than buying two dozen donuts?
Change comes slowly for the general public, us included. The truth is some people can eat sugar and it doesn’t effect them like it effects me, and probably you. So. we want to indulge like everyone else.
For me it always seemed like, the minute I ate a cookie made with sugar and flour, I could feel the pounds adding. Well, here’s the truth. I never could eat just one cookie!
Recently, I went to a woman’s event. And yes, there were cookies being served. I had known it ahead of time and had eaten a protein bar before the event so I wouldn’t be tempted.
Still, weaving through the crowd and watching everyone eating the various kinds of foods I used to eat, did make me slightly uncomfortable. I am so grateful for a friend, who is a diabetic and knows the way I eat.
She had told me before the event started to come find her at break. She handed me some sugar-free, gluten-free cookies. They were small bite-size cookies. I ate a couple and gave the rest to another friend who has Celiac’s disease and cannot eat gluten.
The cookies were awesome, but they filled me in a different way. I got to be a receiver and a giver. A friend understood my metabolic conundrum. That filled an emotional void I used to fill with food.
We need each other on this journey. It’s one major reason I started Sweet Change Weight Loss Group. In the group, great things are happening. We support, encourage, inspire and evoke transformation.
Keys for the Journey
Starting this week in the group, we are going back to the basics. For two months we are going to talk about keys for this journey. It’s the very best time for you to join.
As an extra incentive, we are allowing you to join for two months at the discounted six-time monthly rate. Let me explain. The regular cost of the group to come in for one month is $97 a month. If you choose that option, you can stay in the group at that monthly recurring fee and opt out at any time.
Most choose the six-month option at the reduced rate of $87 per month. Because I know this time of year is hard for those of us with weight and health issues, I decide to offer a limited time special.
Join through Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 27, and you can be in the group for a two-month commitment of $87 a month. The price is the same as those who commit to six months, but after two months you may opt-out or stay in the group.
I created this group just for you. There may never be another time when you can join at this commitment level and rate. I so want to help you through this season and get you on track to start going strong in 2015.
Many wait and start a diet AFTER the holidays. Be different. Start now, then come January you will have lost weight rather than gained.
For more information, hop over to the Sweet Change information page HERE. You’ll find I share a weekly video, action steps to help you on the journey, a monthly call where you can ask any question, secret Facebook group, encouragement and support.
See you in the group.
Oh, one last thing. Here’s your first Action Step. Rewrite the 21 ways to gain weight into 21 ways to lose weight.
I’d like to invite you to Sweet Change Weight Loss Coaching and Accountability Group for the transformation of your life. Find out what more there is to life than food. You are worth the investment. Please consider what your life is worth and join us on the journey. Just click this link for more info>>>Sweet Change.
Don’t forget to check out Sweet Grace: How I Lost 250 Pounds and Stopped Trying to Earn God’s Favor and the Sweet Grace Study Guide,both available on Amazon. Just click the book titles to take you there.